This post contains affiliate links which may result in my compensation, but all opinions are my own.
I know there is a lot of controversy over baby showers for second, third, etc babies. Whether you side with the one (shower) and done or every baby should be celebrated camp, you can probably agree that each new baby usually comes with their own needs and expenses. I didn’t feel comfortable having a baby shower for baby number four, but I still needed to purchase things like a new car seat (the infant seat I used with my older children had long since expired) and milk storage items. Having a registry has proven helpful for me since I could keep track of what I truly needed so I could inform family members and friends that kept insisting on getting the baby a gift (especially with Christmas being only a few weeks away). Here are my top five reasons why you should create a baby registry at Target even if you aren’t planning on having a baby shower.
- As I have mentioned before, a Target baby registry is a great way to keep track of what you need for baby. You can make a running list from home or in store and you can access it from wherever.
- Target offers hassle free returns on items purchased from your registry. Trying to find old receipts to make a return is going to be one of the last things you want to do once your new baby is here.
- Although it is still in beta testing, Target gift registry now has an Add from Anywhere feature. This gives you the option to add items from other sites to your Target registry.
- A few weeks before your due date, Target will send you instructions on how to retrieve your completion discount. Not only do they send you an online code and an in-store coupon, they also allow you to forward four in-store coupons to family and friends that would like to help you complete your registry. (Please take note that the discount only comes off of items that are already on your registry. If you find more items in your last minute shopping, add them to your registry before check out to save 15%.)
- When you create your registry, stop by customer service to pick up your welcome gift. I was skeptical about the value of their welcome gift, guessing that it would mostly be coupons, and was pleasantly surprised to see what was inside.